With her painting workshops, her goals is to help you bring out your inner world on the canvas. In our subcultalk below we asked Mara about her own inner world.
Have a read!
1. What’s the art you’re doing?
I mainly create abstract/informal paintings. This form of painting gives me the greatest feeling of freedom and provides the most room for spontaneity.
2. What’s your favorite feeling?
3. What’s your favorite word?
Semipermeable Membrane. A word that burned into my head during my school days. I really like the sound of the two words together and I think it just sounds cool to say.
4. What’s the best wake-up time for you?
Around 9 a.m. For me it's the perfect middle point between early and late.
5. What are you most afraid of?
That my dreams won't come true.
6. What’s the feeling you like the least?
7. What makes you feel most alive?
Dancing in community. I love the feeling when people come together, communicate with each other through dance and let themselves go.
8. What inspires you most?
Personally, me and my art are particularly inspired by the facets of nature. As unpredictable and versatile as she is, she amazes me every time.
9. What do you do when you feel sad?
Enjoying long hugs, practicing yoga or going for walks in nature.
10. Your favourite guilty pleasure?
Thanks for the interview, dear Mara!
You can meet and create with Mara in person during her "The World of Colors" Painting Workshops in Cologne, Germany.